Here’s some easy counters to all those annoying things beginners and white belts do inside the closed guard. If you just started jiujitsu and you do these things don’t feel bad, but if you’re a color belt and make these mistakes then you should feel very bad.
1. Armbar vs cross collar choke
2. Back take vs americana
3. Kimura vs hugging the hips
4. Hook sweep (elevator sweep) vs hugging the head
5. Pendulum sweep vs forearm in neck
6. Triangle vs elbow in thigh
Check out Mindset Martial Arts in Hayward, California:
BEFORE YOU GO STOP BY OUR STORE BY SCROLLING DOWN AND PICK UP SOME NEW BJJ OR MMA GEAR! USE CODE WBBJJ FOR 15% OFF!!
Would you like to write for wbbjj.com? Message us using the chat bubble on the right!
Single? Check out bjjdating.com! More than 2000 men and women grapplers waiting to meet you!