So work or injury have pulled you out of BJJ class?
It’s Terrible and we’ve all been there.
But now the time has come to get back on the mats and this is how to do it;
1) Try not to let your weight get out of control and even better try to stay in good shape, so that when you do decide to comeback you aren’t feeling slow and cluncky.
2) Find all of your gear and set it out together. Make sure it all fits and that you haven’t lost anything. Nothing like getting ready for class one day and realizing that you lost your belt.
3) Do some sprinting a week or two before returning just to give your cardio a shock to the system so you aren’t left with your system shocked.
4) Be humble. You should already know about leaving your ego at the door so this shouldn’t be difficult. There may be some new people in there who can put it on you. And some people that you excelled against might give you a run for money. Just accept it. You’ll get it back.
5) Make sure everyone knows if it was an injury holding you back and where it was so you don’t get re-injured.
6) Enjoy your self and don’t let old anxieties kick in. It’s still your extended family and they are going to be happy to see you!
7) Roll hard and have fun. Remember why you started BJJ in the first place!
Would you like to write for wbbjj.com? Message us using the chat bubble on the right!
BEFORE YOU GO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP! SHARE YOUR STORIES, MEMES, ETC. WITH THOUSANDS OF OTHER PRACTITIONERS AND FANS!